- LaunchBar 6.3
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2, Compressor 4.2, Motion 5.2
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update 1.0
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.9.1
- FileMaker Pro 13.0.9
- iTunes 12.1.2
- GraphicConverter 9.6.1
- 1Password 5.3
- Security Update 2015-004 (Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- Safari 8.0.5, 7.1.5, and 6.2.5
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Other articles in the series FileMaker 5
We celebrate the 500th issue of TidBITS with a redesign of our home page, including the addition of weekly polls and quizzes. Also this week, Adam weighs in with the first part of an article on how he's come to see the light of the MP3 format for music. In the news we cover the releases of a free update to Retrospect 4.2, Retrospect for Windows, Netscape Communicator 4.7, and FileMaker Pro Web Companion 5.0v2, plus cheaper prices on Palm handhelds.
Cheaper Palm VII Debuts Nationwide -- Palm Computing has announced the nationwide availability of the wireless Palm VII device in the United States. The Palm VII, which features built-in wireless Internet access, has been available in the New York City metropolitan area since 24-May-99Show full article
Brought to You by the Letter T -- Only two days after releasing the latest version of their flagship product (see "FileMaker Pro 5 Released to Controversy" in TidBITS-499), FileMaker, IncShow full article
Retrospect 4.2 Update & Retrospect for Windows -- Days after releasing Retrospect for Windows, Dantz Development has released a free downloadable upgrade for the Macintosh version of RetrospectShow full article
Netscape Communicator 4.7 Released -- Despite focusing most of their efforts on Netscape Communicator 5.0, Netscape Communications has released Netscape Communicator 4.7Show full article
I'm shocked that we've published 500 consecutive issues of TidBITS. Back when we started, I would never have predicted that TidBITS would have enjoyed such longevityShow full article
As much as I try to stay abreast of the software world, publishing TidBITS can prevent me from sitting down with a new program or exploring a new technologyShow full article