Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
Other articles in the series Idea Keeper
Other articles in the series Conquer Your Text
- EagleFiler Turns a Finder Folder Into a Snippet Keeper (24 Feb 10)
- MindManager Comes to the Mac (20 Nov 06)
- SlipBox: Scents and Sensibility (23 Oct 06)
- Let Yojimbo Guard Your Information Castle (30 Jan 06)
- DEVONthink Goes Pro (22 Aug 05)
- A Shiny New NoteBook (25 Apr 05)
- Curing Clutter with Curio (21 Feb 05)
- Bull Market for the TAO (11 Oct 04)
- The Well-Worn NoteBook (06 Sep 04)
- DEVONthink Thinks, So You Don't Have To (08 Mar 04)
- Go Hog Wild with Hog Bay Notebook (25 Aug 03)
- Take Note of NoteTaker (21 Apr 03)
- The Digital Shoebox: iData Pro X 1.0.5 (07 Apr 03)
- Light Your Fire with Tinderbox (14 Oct 02)
- Three Simple Snippet Keepers (20 Aug 01)
- Boswell: A Text Motel (21 May 01)
- Life Spiral: Helix Returns (21 Feb 00)
- WebArranger Handles More than the Web (05 Feb 96)
- Get IN CONTROL (30 Aug 93)
- MORE, MORE, Dinosaur (18 Oct 93)
What do you do with all the snippets of information you deal with every day? Toss them into a folder? Append them to a huge text file? Matt Neuburg has found a better way: Idea Keeper. Also in this issue, Kirk McElhearn replaces Emailer with PowerMail 3.0 as his email client of choice, and we note the releases of AppleShare IP 6.3.2, AppleWorks 6.0.3, and Netscape Communicator 4.73, plus announce another quiz to test your Macintosh knowledge.
AppleShare IP 6.3.2 Shuts Security Hole -- Apple Computer has released AppleShare IP 6.3.2, a small but important update designed to fix a potential security problem in the Web server module of AppleShare IP 6.1 and laterShow full article
AppleWorks 6.0.3 Update Released -- Apple has released AppleWorks 6.0.3, a free maintenance update to the English versions of AppleWorks 6. The update improves stability to the latest version of Apple's integrated suite of tools, updating the AppleWorks application, the Envelope Assistant, and the CarbonLib system extensionShow full article
Quiz Preview: Port Authority -- Over the years, the Macintosh has sported a wide variety of ports for connecting peripherals and extending the computer's capabilitiesShow full article
Poll Results: Collateral Spammage -- About 1,200 people voted in last week's poll that asked how many unsolicited commercial email messages you received per week on averageShow full article
As a freelance translator, I rely heavily on email to stay in touch with my customers and to transfer files back and forth. For the more than five years I've been using the Internet, Claris Emailer has been my tool of choiceShow full article
Computers are marvelous at storage and retrieval of information, so why are some things so hard to keep track of? You probably know where you put the draft of your novel, or that letter to your congressmanShow full article