Set Hotkeys in TextExpander
Don’t just save keystrokes, save mouse clicks when using TextExpander by setting up customizable keyboard shortcuts, or hotkeys, for functions like Enable/Disable TextExpander, Search Snippets, and more. To set your hotkey combinations:
- Open TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Press the Click to Set Hotkey button next to function you want.
- Press the keys of your preferred hotkey combination when prompted.
Other articles in the series Tools We Use
- Tools We Use: Backdrop (01 May 06)
- Tools We Use: DropCopy (30 Jan 06)
- Tools We Use: PinPoint and Mouseposé (07 Feb 05)
- Tools We Use: Random Noises With SonicMood (10 Jan 05)
- Tools We Use: LaunchBar (17 Mar 03)
- Tools We Use: SpamSieve (17 Feb 03)
- Tools We Use: URL Manager Pro (24 Jun 02)
- Tools We Use: DiskSurveyor (10 Sep 01)
- Tools We Use: VSE Link Tester (03 Jul 00)
- Tools We Use: iDo Script Scheduler (17 Apr 00)
- Tools We Use: Menuette (06 Sep 99)
- Tools We Use: Synchronize (24 May 99)
- Tools We Use: Default Folder (05 Apr 99)
- Tools We Use: MacTicker (15 Mar 99)
- Tools We Use: Desktop Resetter (08 Feb 99)
- Tools We Use: GURU (30 Nov 98)
Irritated at losing unattended mounting of AppleShare servers with the Mac OS 9 Keychain? Read on for the solution and other poorly documented information about working with servers in Mac OS 9. Matt Neuburg returns with a Tools We Use column on Impossible Software's TypeTamer, and Steve Becker weighs in with a review of the Mac P&L accounting package. Releases this week include RAM Doubler 9.0.1 (fixing the Office 2001 conflict) and GraphicConverter 4.0.
RAM Doubler 9.0.1 Fixes Office Incompatibility -- Connectix has released RAM Doubler 9.0.1, which corrects an incompatibility with Microsoft Office 2001 that we noted while reviewing Word 2001 in TidBITS-552Show full article
GraphicConverter 4.0 Continues Image Excellence -- You'd never guess there existed so many graphic file formats without looking at the revision history of Lemke Software's GraphicConverterShow full article
Poll Preview: To Go Forward, You Must... In this issue, Adam relates the perplexing story of tracking down how to stop a Mac from connecting to remote servers at startupShow full article
Back in 1995, Tonya wrote about Impossible Software's font utility TypeTamer 1.0; the following year I bought a copy at Macworld Expo, and loved it. In 1998 I began to encounter some application conflicts, and as machines, systems, and applications advanced still further, I had to abandon it entirelyShow full article
There's a valuable axiom to consider when deciding whether to buy a Mac or PC for your business: "First, find the software that meets your needs and then decide on the hardware." The best computer in the world is useless if it won't work with the software you need. It's interesting how some perceptions don't change over the years, even if they aren't accurateShow full article
One of the strengths of the Mac OS has long been its seamless networking with AppleShare or Personal File Sharing servers. Or rather, the seams aren't particularly apparent when you're using one of these servers - there's little you can do on a local hard disk that doesn't work the same on a remote server volumeShow full article