Fill in Gaps in Pear Note
If you ever find yourself zoning out during a meeting or class, only later to realize that you forgot to take notes for 20 minutes, Pear Note makes it easy to fill in those gaps. To do so:
- Open your Pear Note document.
- Hit play.
- Click on the last text you did type to jump to that point in the recording.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
- Take notes on the part you missed.
Your new notes will be synced to the recording just as if you'd taken them live with the rest of your notes.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Other articles in the series All About Spam
- When Spam Is Outlawed, Only Outlaws Will Spam (13 Oct 03)
- More Tools to Combat Spam (05 Jun 00)
- Email Spam: The Bandwagon Plays On, Part 2 (01 May 00)
- Email Spam: The Bandwagon Plays On (24 Apr 00)
- Washington State Anti-Spam Law Found Unconstitutional (27 Mar 00)
- Responding to Spam (10 Aug 98)
- TidBITS Sues Spammer (20 Jul 98)
- Washington State Outlaws Spam (30 Mar 98)
- Damn That Spam! (09 Oct 97)
- Stop Spam at Its Source (16 Oct 97)
- Those Bulk Email Blues (30 Sep 96)
Just when you think Apple has cornered the market on cool (with the PowerBook G4 Titanium), they up the ante by releasing the tiny iBook (Dual USB). Which would you choose? In local news, the Washington State Supreme Court upholds the state's anti-spam law, which reminds us: what ever happened to TidBITS's spam suit? Also, we pass on news of an AppleScript worm, a Microsoft Word macro security fix, and a Handspring rebate, plus we welcome Sustainable Softworks as a new TidBITS sponsor.
Sustainable Softworks Sponsoring TidBITS -- We're pleased to announce our latest TidBITS sponsor, the network utility company Sustainable Softworks. Best known for their IPNetRouter program, which turns almost any Mac into a feature-rich network router, Sustainable Softworks also makes other useful utilities like IPNetMonitor, which helps you test and troubleshoot network connections and IPNetTuner, which enables you to tweak Open Transport's internal settingsShow full article
Word Macro Security Fix Available -- Microsoft has posted the Microsoft Word for Macintosh Security Update: Macro Vulnerability, a long title for a simple and important fixShow full article
Mac.Simpsons Email Worm Targets Microsoft Software -- Last week, reports surfaced of a new Mac OS worm that arrives by email and takes advantage of Microsoft email clients Outlook Express and Entourage to send itself to everyone in the infected user's address bookShow full article
Handspring Offers $100 Rebate For Old PDAs -- On 07-Jun-01, Palm OS-compatible handheld vendor Handspring announced a trade-up program that offers users a $100 rebate on the thin Visor Edge handheld in exchange for nearly any old PDA, whether or not it worksShow full article
Last week, the Washington State Supreme Court unanimously struck down last year's ruling from King County Superior Court Judge Palmer Robinson that Washington State's anti-spam law was unconstitutionalShow full article
What would you do if you could exchange some work for either a shiny new PowerBook G4 Titanium or Apple's latest portable wonder, the iBook (Dual USB)? It's not an easy question, since both Macs induce excessive levels of drool, but it's one I'm going to try to answer in this articleShow full article