Make PDFpen Your Default PDF Viewer
Want to open all your PDFs with PDFpen, rather than Preview or Adobe Reader? Follow these steps:
- Locate a PDF document in the Finder.
- Control-click the document.
- From the menu, choose Get Info.
- Scroll down the Get Info window to the Open with... pop-up menu.
- Choose PDFpen.
- Click Change All...
Other articles in the series Conquer Your Text
- EagleFiler Turns a Finder Folder Into a Snippet Keeper (24 Feb 10)
- MindManager Comes to the Mac (20 Nov 06)
- SlipBox: Scents and Sensibility (23 Oct 06)
- Let Yojimbo Guard Your Information Castle (30 Jan 06)
- DEVONthink Goes Pro (22 Aug 05)
- A Shiny New NoteBook (25 Apr 05)
- Curing Clutter with Curio (21 Feb 05)
- Bull Market for the TAO (11 Oct 04)
- The Well-Worn NoteBook (06 Sep 04)
- DEVONthink Thinks, So You Don't Have To (08 Mar 04)
- Go Hog Wild with Hog Bay Notebook (25 Aug 03)
- Take Note of NoteTaker (21 Apr 03)
- The Digital Shoebox: iData Pro X 1.0.5 (07 Apr 03)
- Light Your Fire with Tinderbox (14 Oct 02)
- Boswell: A Text Motel (21 May 01)
- It's a Keeper (Idea Keeper, That Is) (08 May 00)
- Life Spiral: Helix Returns (21 Feb 00)
- WebArranger Handles More than the Web (05 Feb 96)
- Get IN CONTROL (30 Aug 93)
- MORE, MORE, Dinosaur (18 Oct 93)
Tired of dealing with a plethora of phone numbers? Read to see how Adam and Tonya have rethought personal voice communications in Ithaca; perhaps you can simplify your telephone life. For those searching for the perfect place to store snippets of text, Matt Neuburg looks at three programs readers have recommended. In the news, Palm buys Be, the SpamCon Foundation launches, and we note the releases of Netscape 6.1 and Interarchy 5.0.
Palm Gets Be in Its Bonnet -- Palm Inc. is buying Be Inc., the company started by former Apple executive Jean-Louis Gassee. Apple had eyed Be back in 1996 before acquiring Steve Jobs's NeXT insteadShow full article
Netscape 6.1 Released -- Netscape Communications has quietly released Netscape 6.1, the latest version of their integrated suite of Internet software that includes Web browsing, email, HTML editing, and instant messagingShow full article
FTP Disk Feature Highlights Interarchy 5.0 -- Stairways Software has released Interarchy 5.0, a significant upgrade to their popular Macintosh FTP client applicationShow full article
SpamCon Foundation Offers Anti-Spam Resources -- Everyone hates spam, but some people go the extra mile to help stamp it out. That's especially true of Tom Geller, executive director of the recently founded SpamCon Foundation, a publicly supported California non-profit organizationShow full article
Poll Results: Was Your KidSafe? Last week we asked for opinions about why Apple's KidSafe didn't receive sufficient customer usage for Apple to continue the serviceShow full article
As most of you know, Tonya, Tristan, and I moved from Seattle to Ithaca, New York, at the beginning of July. We're slowly settling into our new home and working through all the logistics required by life in a new locationShow full article
Over the course of my relentless lifelong search for useful ways to squirrel away information on my computer, organize it, and find it again later, I've reported in TidBITS on various outliners, databases, writing tools, and combinations thereof that have appealed to me or that I hoped might appeal to meShow full article