Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Other articles in the series Digital Cameras
- Digital Camera Goodies 2002 (16 Dec 02)
- More Digital Cameras 2000 (13 Dec 00)
- Digital Cameras 2000 (11 Dec 00)
- Digital Camera Accouterments (04 Dec 00)
- The Second Generation of Digital Cameras, Part 2 (25 Jan 99)
- The Second Generation of Digital Cameras, Part 1 (04 Jan 99)
- Pixel Perfect (15 Dec 97)
- Choosing a Digital Camera, Part 2: Which One to Buy? (08 Dec 97)
- Focusing on Digital Cameras, Part 1: Higher Is Better (01 Dec 97)
- Digital Camera Buying Guidelines, Part 1 (06 Dec 99)
- Digital Camera Buying Guidelines, Part 2 (13 Dec 99)
Save money and shop smarter this holiday season with Adam's detailed look at researching products online and finding legitimate discount retailers on the Internet. Then turn to Arthur Bleich's overview of accessories that any digital camera owner will find useful. In the news, we cover the releases of Virtual PC 5.0, Mac OS 9.2.2, QuicKeys X 1.0.2, and pass on how you can get a free copy of Power On Software's Action Menus.
Mac OS 9.2.2 Update Released -- Apple last week updated Mac OS 9 with little fanfare or documentation. According to Apple's Web site, the Mac OS 9.2.2 Update "improves Classic application compatibility in Mac OS X and delivers support for Macintosh systems that are based on the PowerPC G3 or G4 processor." The update is available through the Software Update control panel, or can be downloaded separately from Apple's Web site as a 21 MB disk imageShow full article
Action Menus for Free -- For a limited (though unspecified) amount of time, Power On Software is giving the Macintosh community a holiday gift of their $30 menu utility Action Menus (download version only, and one copy per person)Show full article
Virtual PC 5.0 Ships for Mac OS 9 & Mac OS X -- Connectix Corporation last week shipped the latest version of Virtual PC, their Pentium emulation software for running Windows (and other PC operating systems) on a MacintoshShow full article
QuicKeys X 1.0.2 Adds Options -- In our recent review of QuicKeys X, we noted that the engineers at CE Software have had to rebuild the macro utility from scratch for Mac OS X, resulting in a significantly reduced feature list compared to the Mac OS 9 version (see "QuicKeys X: The Return of the Ghost" in TidBITS-602)Show full article
Chances are that if you're reading this, you've at some point ordered products over the Internet. For many of us, Internet retailers have become stalwart allies in our efforts to acquire the products we feel we need to live our lives as we wishShow full article
Digital cameras are selling briskly this holiday season and prices have finally descended from the stratosphere. For $300 to $500, you can get a digicam with the same resolution and features that would have cost almost twice as much just over a year agoShow full article