- LaunchBar 6.3
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2, Compressor 4.2, Motion 5.2
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update 1.0
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.9.1
- FileMaker Pro 13.0.9
- iTunes 12.1.2
- GraphicConverter 9.6.1
- 1Password 5.3
- Security Update 2015-004 (Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- Safari 8.0.5, 7.1.5, and 6.2.5
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Still unclear on the difference between Classic, Carbon, and Cocoa applications? If so, Chris Pepper's look at the different breeds of Mac OS X programs should help. Geoff Duncan covers the recent revival of interest in a pair of venerable Macintosh email servers. In the news, we look at Apple's $38 million profit, the release of Adobe InDesign 2.0, and a slew of updates from Apple for AirPort users and for the multilingual capabilities of Mac OS X.
Apple Posts $38 Million Profit -- Apple Computer posted a $38 million profit for its first fiscal quarter of 2002, directly in line with analysts' expectations for the companyShow full article
Apple Issues AirPort, Mac OS X Language Updates -- Apple last weekend released a number of updates via Software Update. The AirPort Driver Update 2.0.1 for both Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X includes an updated driver for the AirPort Card that improves robustness and properly prompts for a password when joining a password-protected Computer-to-Computer networkShow full article
Adobe InDesign 2.0 Now Available -- Adobe is now shipping Adobe InDesign 2.0, a major update for the company's next-generation page-layout applicationShow full article
Folks who use Macs to provide Internet email services know the Mac OS has never been able to boast a plethora of email server options, unlike server systems for Windows and UnixShow full article
As we discuss Apple's new operating system, there's a strong awareness that, no matter how good Mac OS X itself might be, it can't succeed without applications created outside AppleShow full article