Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Other articles in the series All About Eudora
- Eudora 6.0 Slams Spam, Concentrates Content (08 Sep 03)
- Eudora 5.1 Adds SSL, Palm Address Synchronization (23 Apr 01)
- Eudora 5.0.1 Released (30 Oct 00)
- Eudora 5.0 Reads Your Mind (11 Sep 00)
- An ATypoKill Eudora Hack (04 Sep 00)
- Eudora 4.3.2 Fixes Numerous Minor Bugs (05 Jun 00)
- Eudora 4.3.1 Updater Available (28 Feb 00)
- InterviewBITS with Steve Dorner (14 Feb 00)
- Eudora 4.2 Book & Multiple Users (15 Nov 99)
- Qualcomm Ships Eudora Pro 4.2.1 Boxes and Demo (02 Aug 99)
- Eudora Pro 4.2 Continues to Deliver, Part 2 (19 Jul 99)
- Eudora Pro 4.2 Continues to Deliver, Part 1 (12 Jul 99)
- Eudora Tips & Tricks (17 Nov 97)
- Return Eudora Pro 4.0 to the Old Look (13 Apr 98)
- The Postman Rings Again (06 Apr 98)
- Why I Still Live at the P.O. (or, Eudora Lives!) (09 Dec 96)
Have you ever wanted to pilot NASA's Mars Rover from the comfort of your Mac? Matt Neuburg comes close with Plantraco's Desktop Rover and Telecommander software. Back on Earth, Microsoft today released Microsoft Office X Service Release 1 - Tonya Engst has the details of what's new (and what's not included). We also note the releases of Virtual PC 5.0.3, Eudora 5.1.1 (now running under Mac OS X), ConceptDraw 1.8, and Spring Cleaning 5.0.
Virtual PC 5.0.3 Released -- Connectix has updated Virtual PC to version 5.0.3, adding new features and fixing bugs. The program's new Password Protection feature prevents users from modifying a virtual machine's settings, exiting full-screen mode, or creating or deleting virtual machinesShow full article
Eudora 5.1.1 Finally Ships for Mac OS X -- Qualcomm has released the long-awaited final version of Eudora 5.1.1 for both Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X. Eudora users still running Mac OS 9 will appreciate a few small bug fixes, but the big news is the availability of Eudora for Mac OS XShow full article
ConceptDraw 1.8 Adds XML Support -- CS Odessa has released version 1.8 of its charting and diagramming products ConceptDraw and ConceptDraw Professional (see "Make the Connection with ConceptDraw" in TidBITS-553)Show full article
Aladdin Releases Spring Cleaning 5.0 -- Aladdin Systems has released Spring Cleaning 5.0, adding a number of new features to the company's system clean-up and uninstaller utilityShow full article
Microsoft has released the first major update to Microsoft Office X in the form of Office X Service Release 1 (SR1). The update, an 11.9 MB download, updates each primary Office program (Excel, Entourage, PowerPoint, and Word) from version 10.0 to 10.1Show full article
The Desktop Rover, from Plantraco, is four inches long, charmingly cute, and utterly without purpose. It does have some relevance to Mac OS X - that's the excuse for describing it in TidBITS - but just barelyShow full article