Search Snippets on the Fly in TextExpander
Have a large number of snippets and can't remember them all your abbreviations? Use TextExpander's Suggest Matching Abbreviations search feature. It makes finding your snippets fast and simple.
Set your hotkey combination by going to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys. Once it's set, to use the Suggest Matching Abbreviations hotkey combination:
- Type a few characters of your snippet or its abbreviation.
- Press your hotkey combination immediately after typing the characters. (Don't enter a space before pressing the hotkey combination.)
- A popup menu appears with all snippets that contain the characters you typed. Scroll through them and click the one you want.
Other articles in the series Macworld SF 2003
- Macworld Expo San Francisco 2003 Superlatives, Part 2 (27 Jan 03)
- AirPort Extreme: In the Key of G (20 Jan 03)
- Macworld Expo San Francisco 2003 Superlatives, Part 1 (20 Jan 03)
- New PowerBooks: Mini Me and the Lunch Tray (13 Jan 03)
- New Apple Software Spices up iLife (13 Jan 03)
Steve Jobs kept us busy during his keynote at Macworld Expo, introducing two new PowerBooks; updates to iMovie 3, iPhoto 2, and iDVD 3 (grouped with iTunes 3 into a package called iLife); a presentation application called Keynote; and the new Safari Web browser. We cover them all, including a look at how it affects the Apple-Microsoft relationship. Also this week: X11 for Mac OS X; Rendezvous support from TiVo, Brother, and Aspyr; and Office X 10.1.3.
Apple Releases X11 for Mac OS X -- Leveraging the Unix core of Mac OS X, Apple has made available a public beta of X11 for Mac OS X, an environment that enables X11 applications to run within Mac OS X and makes it easier to port X11 applications to the MacShow full article
TiVo, Brother, and Aspyr Rendezvous with Macs -- Apple made networking easier with the introduction of Rendezvous, a method of automatic discovery and connection of devices over IP networks that the company has submitted as an open-source standardShow full article
Microsoft Office X 10.1.3 Released -- Microsoft today released an updater for Microsoft Office X to address several issues with the Italian Spelling Tool and the French Proofing ToolsShow full article
Saying he had "two Macworld's worth of stuff for you today," Steve Jobs unveiled a host of new software (and hardware, covered elsewhere in this issue) offerings at his Macworld Expo San Francisco 2003 keynote addressShow full article
Amid rumors of video iPods and tablet Macs appearing during the Macworld Expo keynote address, Steve Jobs calmly introduced a pair of new PowerBook models that slot neatly into Apple's existing iBook and PowerBook linesShow full article
As is becoming increasingly common at Macworld Expo, Apple dominated attendees' attention by introducing a wide-ranging set of new hardware and software productsShow full article