Set Hotkeys in TextExpander
Don’t just save keystrokes, save mouse clicks when using TextExpander by setting up customizable keyboard shortcuts, or hotkeys, for functions like Enable/Disable TextExpander, Search Snippets, and more. To set your hotkey combinations:
- Open TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Press the Click to Set Hotkey button next to function you want.
- Press the keys of your preferred hotkey combination when prompted.
Other articles in the series Tools We Use
- Tools We Use: Backdrop (01 May 06)
- Tools We Use: DropCopy (30 Jan 06)
- Tools We Use: PinPoint and Mouseposé (07 Feb 05)
- Tools We Use: Random Noises With SonicMood (10 Jan 05)
- Tools We Use: LaunchBar (17 Mar 03)
- Tools We Use: URL Manager Pro (24 Jun 02)
- Tools We Use: DiskSurveyor (10 Sep 01)
- Tools We Use: TypeTamer Returns (13 Nov 00)
- Tools We Use: VSE Link Tester (03 Jul 00)
- Tools We Use: iDo Script Scheduler (17 Apr 00)
- Tools We Use: Menuette (06 Sep 99)
- Tools We Use: Synchronize (24 May 99)
- Tools We Use: Default Folder (05 Apr 99)
- Tools We Use: MacTicker (15 Mar 99)
- Tools We Use: Desktop Resetter (08 Feb 99)
- Tools We Use: GURU (30 Nov 98)
The utilities you choose radically affect your Mac experience, and this week Adam reviews the Bayesian spam filter SpamSieve and Matt Neuburg offers a comparison of three Mac OS X multiple clipboard utilities - PTHPasteboard, Keyboard Maestro, and CopyPaste X. Also tune in for a Web resource of supporting information for Mac evangelists. The news brings details of Mac OS X 10.2.4, Safari v60, Final Cut Express 1.0.1, and USB Overdrive 10.2.1.
Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.2.4 Update -- Apple Computer has released Mac OS X 10.2.4, which includes networking enhancements for SMB and AFP file services and improves support for audio applications under Classic and for FireWire audio devices under Mac OS XShow full article
Safari Public Beta (v60) 2-12-03 Released -- Although we usually don't report beta software updates, Mac OS X users seem to have embraced Apple's Safari Web browser in a big way, with more than 1 million copies downloaded, according to AppleShow full article
Final Cut Express 1.0.1 Released -- Continuing its string of incremental updates, Apple last week posted an update to its intermediate-level video editing application Final Cut ExpressShow full article
Do You Use Software Update? Apple's Software Update utility for automatically downloading and installing updates to the Mac OS and other Apple software generally works wellShow full article
USB Overdrive X 10.2.1 Crosses the Finish Line -- Alessandro Levi Montalcini has released USB Overdrive X 10.2.1, a universal USB driver that supports all manner of USB devices, such as mice, trackballs, joysticks, and gamepads (see "Top Mac OS X Utilities: Restoring Third Party Capabilities" in TidBITS-625)Show full article
Having to sort through the increasingly repulsive spam that's rushing into our electronic mailboxes is becoming more unpleasant than ever. You can reduce the flow, though, with one of three basic approaches to filtering spam out of your email stream: Boolean filters, points-based filters, and so-called "Bayesian" statistical filtersShow full article
We at TidBITS generally try to avoid becoming entangled in the morass of computer religious wars, in particular the long-running battle between the Mac and WindowsShow full article
We all copy and paste without thinking about it. Can you remember back to when you started using a Mac and were introduced to the notions of copying and pasting, and the invisible but omnipresent "clipboard"? Probably you understood right away, thought to yourself, "good idea," and just moved onShow full article