iCal Alerts You Can't Miss
Did you miss that tiny little iCal alert dialog? Use a more prominent Open File alarm.
First save an image, text file, sound, or movie that will really fill your screen and grab your attention.
Select an iCal event and choose Open File as the alert type. Choose your unmissable file as the one to open.
Set more alerts with more files to open for the same event if you like. You won't miss an appointment with one of these alerts!
Other articles in the series Conquer Your Text
- EagleFiler Turns a Finder Folder Into a Snippet Keeper (24 Feb 10)
- MindManager Comes to the Mac (20 Nov 06)
- SlipBox: Scents and Sensibility (23 Oct 06)
- Let Yojimbo Guard Your Information Castle (30 Jan 06)
- DEVONthink Goes Pro (22 Aug 05)
- A Shiny New NoteBook (25 Apr 05)
- Curing Clutter with Curio (21 Feb 05)
- Bull Market for the TAO (11 Oct 04)
- The Well-Worn NoteBook (06 Sep 04)
- DEVONthink Thinks, So You Don't Have To (08 Mar 04)
- Go Hog Wild with Hog Bay Notebook (25 Aug 03)
- The Digital Shoebox: iData Pro X 1.0.5 (07 Apr 03)
- Light Your Fire with Tinderbox (14 Oct 02)
- Three Simple Snippet Keepers (20 Aug 01)
- Boswell: A Text Motel (21 May 01)
- It's a Keeper (Idea Keeper, That Is) (08 May 00)
- Life Spiral: Helix Returns (21 Feb 00)
- WebArranger Handles More than the Web (05 Feb 96)
- Get IN CONTROL (30 Aug 93)
- MORE, MORE, Dinosaur (18 Oct 93)
Remember how computers were going to make our lives easier? Matt Neuburg takes a look at NoteTaker, an application that's helping to organize and quickly access all sorts of information. Plus, we'd like you to help TidBITS experiment how to integrate TidBITS Talk discussions into our weekly issues. Also, Apple posts a surprising second quarter profit of $14 million, and we note releases of Snapz Pro X 1.0.7 and StuffIt Expander/Deluxe 7.0.3.
Apple Posts $14 Million Q2 Profit -- Apple Computer posted a small $14 million profit for its second fiscal quarter of the year on revenues of $1.474 billion for the quarterShow full article
Snapz Pro X 1.0.7 Released -- Ambrosia Software has released Snapz Pro X 1.0.7, the latest version of their Mac OS X screen capture utility. The new version can capture movies of screen actions with less impact on the Mac during capturing (at the cost of a lower frame rate)Show full article
StuffIt Expander/Deluxe Updated to 7.0.3 -- Aladdin Systems has released StuffIt Expander and StuffIt Deluxe 7.0.3 for Mac OS 8.6/9.x and Mac OS X. StuffIt Expander, which is free but available only as part of the StuffIt Standard Edition bundle with DropStuff, DropZip, and DropTar, gains support for expanding RAR 3.0 archivesShow full article
Last week, a reader named Peter Rock suggested that we start a Letters to the Editor column. I replied, telling him about TidBITS Talk, since that's where reader replies about our articles generally go, along with any clarifications or minor corrections we have that don't warrant a full correction in the next issue of TidBITSShow full article
SLIMP3 comments (21 messages) The ubiquitous Fred (8 messages) TidBITS Content Management System (40 messages) TidBITS SETI@home Group (12 messages) Safari Public Beta 2 (4 messages) Mac OS X 10.2.5 changes (7 messages) <http://Show full article
In our perpetual journey towards better ways of storing and retrieving information, a simple text-snippet keeper like iData Pro, discussed in TidBITS-675, was merely a side trip to a simple, restful poolShow full article