Add Hyperlinks to TextExpander Snippets
You can include a clickable link in a TextExpander snippet. Here's how:
- Create a new snippet.
- From the Content menu (just above the snippet body), choose Content: Formatted Text, Picture.
- Put a full URL in the snippet body, such as http://www.smilesoftware.com/
- Control-click the link text and choose Make Link from the pop-up menu.
After you've made the link, you can replace the visible URL with other text. Just put your cursor in the active link text and make changes as you would with any other text.
Other articles in the series Fun in the Sun!
Other articles in the series Find Yourself with GPS
- Comparing Two Early iPhone GPS Navigation Apps (25 Sep 09)
- Garmin nuvi 255W Focuses on Navigation (07 Aug 08)
- Back in the Saddle with the TomTom Go 720 GPS (27 May 08)
- 2006 Gift Ideas for the Macintosh-Minded (07 Dec 06)
- Magellan RoadMate 3000T/6000T Heads Downhill (04 Dec 06)
- Garmin StreetPilot 2720 Ups the Ante for Car Navigation (15 May 06)
- Magellan RoadMate 760 GPS Speaks Out (21 Nov 05)
- On the Road with the Magellan RoadMate 700 (08 Aug 05)
- Running with a Garmin Forerunner GPS (25 Jul 05)
- Bringing Order to NYC Chaos: Garmin StreetPilot c330 (23 May 05)
- Instructions from Outer Space: GPS Car Navigation (16 May 05)
- GPSy 3.0 Maps New Features (06 Apr 98)
- Driving Through Trees: Using GPSy (14 Jul 97)
- Feeling Lost? An Overview of Global Positioning Systems (14 Jul 97)
Is it time to tear yourself away from the computer and get outside? Why not go geocaching? Mariva H. Aviram reports on this growing Net-related recreation where you use a GPS device to track down hidden treasure. We also explore Palm's announcement that it's purchasing rival Handspring, look at QuickTime 6.3, and note the releases of WebSTAR 5.3, Spring Cleaning 6.0, and After Dark for Mac OS X, along with Apple's iMovie 3.0.3, iSync 1.1, and Keynote 1.1.
iMovie 3.0.3 Improves Performance, Finally -- Shortly after releasing QuickTime 6.3 last week (details later in this issue), Apple also made iMovie 3.0.3 available as a free updateShow full article
iSync 1.1 Supports More Phones, Safari Bookmarks -- Apple has released iSync 1.1, its Mac OS X-only technology for synchronizing contacts, calendars, and other information across multiple computers and other devices (see "Jaguar, iCal, and iSync Appear" in TidBITS-639)Show full article
Keynote 1.1 Enhances Features -- Apple has released version 1.1 of its new Mac OS X-only presentation program Keynote. The update improves Keynote's ability to import and export PowerPoint presentations, adds the capability to jump to a specific slide during a slideshow, includes an option to not clip 3D transitions, improves feedback and interaction while working with slides in the Navigator, optimizes exported QuickTime files, reduces the size of themes and presentation files, and improves the overall performance of QuickTime videoShow full article
After Dark Returns for Mac OS X -- Tonya still wears her Flying Toasters sweatshirt from the days when Berkeley Systems's After Dark screensaver was so popular it had not one, but two books written about it (see "After Dark: The Books" in TidBITS-150) - in fact, the very first item in the very first issue of TidBITS concerned a maintenance release of After Dark! If you don't remember After Dark, keep in mind that the screensaver was launched in 1989 and finally faded out in 1999Show full article
Spring Cleaning 6.0 Eliminates Crud -- It's spring (at least in this hemisphere, so bear with me if you're south of the equator), when a young geek's fancy turns to removing unnecessary files from his hard disk, improving performance, and making sure no one can snoop around and find out where exactly his fancy has turnedShow full article
WebSTAR V 5.3 Adds iCal Support -- 4D has released 4D WebSTAR V Server Suite 5.3, updating the suite's 4D WebMail Pro module with the capability to display, publish, and subscribe to iCal calendarsShow full article
Apple has released QuickTime 6.3, the latest version of its foundation digital media technology. Version 6.3 offers improvements to DV audio and video synchronization (helpful for video authoring applications) along with specific improvements for Apple's Keynote, iMovie, and iDVD applicationsShow full article
Five years after the founders of Palm, Inc. bolted from the company to form Handspring, Inc., Palm is pulling them back in. Palm has announced that it is acquiring Handspring in a stock swap deal valued at $192 millionShow full article
Sitting at a glowing screen for hours on end, with little or no live human interaction - this is the typical Internet experience. But some areas of the Internet compel users to leave the keyboard, go outside, and interact with the real worldShow full article
Online Crossword Puzzles -- Pointers to additional software for solving and creating crossword puzzles on the Mac. (7 messages) Wireless for older Macs -- More suggestions for adding an older Mac to your wireless networkShow full article