Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Other articles in the series All About Spam
- Spam Damned in Washington State (11 Jun 01)
- More Tools to Combat Spam (05 Jun 00)
- Email Spam: The Bandwagon Plays On, Part 2 (01 May 00)
- Email Spam: The Bandwagon Plays On (24 Apr 00)
- Washington State Anti-Spam Law Found Unconstitutional (27 Mar 00)
- Responding to Spam (10 Aug 98)
- TidBITS Sues Spammer (20 Jul 98)
- Washington State Outlaws Spam (30 Mar 98)
- Damn That Spam! (09 Oct 97)
- Stop Spam at Its Source (16 Oct 97)
- Those Bulk Email Blues (30 Sep 96)
The State of California has outlawed spam (again), but will legislation make a difference? Attorney Brady Johnson weighs in on why making spam illegal is a difficult proposition. Also in this issue, Jeff Carlson praises - and mourns - Netflix Fanatic, Apple announces that Mac OS X 10.3 Panther will ship 24-Oct-03, and we note the releases of iCal 1.5.1, iSync 1.2.1, StuffIt Standard Edition 8.0, StuffIt Engine 8.0.1, and ConceptDraw V.
iCal 1.5.1 and iSync 1.2.1 Released -- Apple updated its calendar and synchronization utilities last week, improving performance and adding support for more devicesShow full article
StuffIt Standard Edition 8.0 and StuffIt Engine 8.0.1 -- Aladdin Systems has released StuffIt Standard Edition 8.0, the most recent version of the bundle containing DropStuff, DropZip, DropTar, and the free StuffIt ExpanderShow full article
ConceptDraw V Released -- CS Odessa has released ConceptDraw V, a major revision to their powerful business diagramming package (see "Make the Connection with ConceptDraw" in TidBITS-553 for a full review of an earlier version)Show full article
Apple Computer announced last week that Mac OS X 10.3 Panther, this year's new version of the Mac OS X operating system, will be available at Apple's retail stores and authorized resellers at 8:00 PM on Friday, 24-Oct-03Show full article
Not only am I a huge fan of Netflix, the popular online DVD rental service, it turns out that I'm one of its better customers. For $20 per month, Netflix sends me three DVD movies from a list of titles that I set up, which I can watch at my leisure without worrying about incurring late feesShow full article
Spam is known to the law as "unsolicited commercial electronic mail," or UCE, and is usually defined as email in which someone is trying to sell someone else a product or service, or otherwise part recipients from their moneyShow full article
Early G3s and Panther -- Readers speculate about which machines Mac OS X 10.3 will support. Although early beige Power Mac G3s aren't officially supported, will Panther run on them anyway? (2 messages) Palm and Mac compatibility -- Palm's new handhelds include updated built-in applications, but how well do they synchronize to the Mac? (8 messages) Mac OS X 10.2.8 problems -- Even though Apple pulled its problematic Mac OS X 10.2.8 update and replaced it with a "fixed" version, some people report problems with the new revisionShow full article