Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
Other articles in the series Panther Answers
- Security Update 2004-09-16 Fixes iChat Vulnerability (20 Sep 04)
- Security Update 2004-09-07 1.1 Fixes FTP & Safari (20 Sep 04)
- Security Update 2004-09-07 Potentially Problematic (13 Sep 04)
- Quicken 2005 Released (09 Aug 04)
- Revisiting Panther's FireWire Data Loss Problem (15 Mar 04)
- Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.3.4 Update (07 Jun 04)
- Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.3.3 (15 Mar 04)
- A Slew of Apple Software Updates (05 Jan 04)
- New Panther Language Features (17 Nov 03)
- Panther Application Improvements (10 Nov 03)
- WPA Weakness Discovered, but Easily Solved (10 Nov 03)
- Fixes Available for Some Panther FireWire Troubles (03 Nov 03)
- Security Update 2003-10-28 Released (03 Nov 03)
- Interesting Bits of Panther (27 Oct 03)
- Mac OS X 10.3 Panther Unleashed (27 Oct 03)
- Default Folder X & QuicKeys X: Upgrade Before Panther! (27 Oct 03)
- Mac OS X 10.3 Panther Springs at WWDC (23 Jun 03)
Security issues reign supreme this week, with Glenn Fleishman outlining security flaws in AppleShare and Adam looking at how Panther's FileVault feature works - and how it should work. Glenn also passes on news of an offline Wi-Fi hotspot locator, and Jeff Carlson reveals more iChat AV tips. In the news, Eminem sues Apple, we give away copies of Interarchy in DealBITS, and Salling Clicker 2.1 and Now Up-to-Date & Contact 4.5.2 are released.
Eminem Rips, Mixes, and Burns Apple -- Rap superstar Eminem has filed a copyright infringement lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Detroit against Apple Computer, also naming Viacom subsidiary MTV and advertising agency TBWA/Chiat/Day as plaintiffsShow full article
Salling Clicker 2.1 Adds Symbian Support -- Salling Software has released Salling Clicker 2.1, adding support for Bluetooth-enabled smart phones that run the Symbian operating system (see "Salling Clicker in Action" in TidBITS-694)Show full article
Rendezvous with Now Up-to-Date & Contact 4.5.2 -- Many fans of Now Software's Now Up-to-Date & Contact stick with it because of its capability to host calendars and contact information on shared network serversShow full article
FTP, or File Transfer Protocol, is an easy-to-understand Internet service, but providing a good interface and helpful add-ons has meant that a good FTP program is disproportionately more powerful than you'd expectShow full article
Computer safety firm SecurityFocus has discovered a highly specific but important flaw in Apple's use of encrypted connections for AppleShare, as well as flaws in the way passwords are managed and encryption keys are confirmedShow full article
Need to find a place to connect to the Internet wirelessly, but you're not currently online? Now you don't need to let this Catch-22 leave your laptop digitally dry-docked: JiWire, a site devoted to Wi-Fi hotspot listings and how-to articles, has just released a free offline locator of public hotspot locationsShow full article
A couple of weeks ago, I shared some tips from my new book, iChat AV 2 for Mac OS X: Visual QuickStart Guide. You'd think that a small, simple application such as iChat would be pretty flat, but in fact Apple's engineers have tucked in a number of details that are hard to find, or just plain cleverShow full article
We've been uniformly negative about FileVault, the new security feature that Apple added to Mac OS X 10.3 Panther, but that doesn't mean we dislike the idea of protecting sensitive dataShow full article
FTP in the Finder -- Apple's built-in FTP client still doesn't seem to be fully implemented, leading to a discussion of other FTP software. (27 messages) Synchronization Software? What's the best way to synchronize your data among multiple Macs? (9 messages) Thoth Software Closes Down -- The maker of a popular Usenet newsreader is shuttered, but the act sparks a discussion of other newsreader softwareShow full article