Manage Multiple ChronoSync Documents
If you have multiple ChronoSync documents and need to run your syncs or backups manually, you may find it taxing to open each ChronoSync document and execute it manually. There are two easy methods to simplify managing multiple ChronoSync documents.
- You can add the ChronoSync documents to a Container document. A Container holds multiple ChronoSync documents and enables you to control several ChronoSync documents as if they were one document.
- You can make use of the Scheduled Documents Manager window to collect and organize commonly used ChronoSync documents without scheduling them.
Both methods allow you to schedule or manually run your syncs and backups.
Visit ChronoSync Tips
Other articles in the series Taking Control
- Take Control News: 50%-Off Sale to Celebrate 5th Anniversary (06 Oct 08)
- Take Control's Third Anniversary (and 50% Off Sale!) (06 Nov 06)
- Take Control's Second Anniversary (and 50% Off Sale!) (24 Oct 05)
- Take Control's First Anniversary (and 50% Off Sale!) (25 Oct 04)
- Take Control Expands to Print (20 Sep 04)
- The Story Behind Take Control Updates (30 Aug 04)
- Do You Want to Take Control? (20 Oct 03)
RealNetworks may be poking a hornet's nest with its Harmony software, which enables customers to play music from the RealPlayer Music Store on iPods. Needless to say, Apple is not amused. Also in this issue, Joe Kissell shares advice on making attachments stick when using Apple's Mail software (and announces his new "Take Control of Email with Apple Mail" ebook), TidBITS rolls into the blogosphere with a new weblog, and we wish Steve Jobs a thorough and speedy recovery following cancer surgery this past weekend.
Steve Jobs Undergoes Cancer Surgery -- In an email message to Apple employees 01-Aug-04, Apple CEO Steve Jobs disclosed he had successful surgery to remove a cancerous tumor from his pancreas, and will be taking the month of August off to recuperateShow full article
Last week a public shouting match erupted between Apple Computer and RealNetworks over what material can be played using Apple's iPod portable music playersShow full article
Blogging is all the rage these days, with bloggers even receiving press credentials from the Democratic and Republican National Conventions. But until recently, I'd never quite seen the point in having a weblog, given that I have a full-fledged publication in TidBITS, and a moderated mailing list in TidBITS TalkShow full article
I once worked for a company where a lot of the senior management (and, more importantly, their secretaries) still thought that internal communication revolved around printed memosShow full article
With Joe Kissell's "Take Control of Email with Apple Mail," you'll notice that we set the price at $10 - as we had done for Glenn Fleishman's "Take Control of Sharing Files in Panther" - instead of the introductory $5 price point we have used for most of our other ebooksShow full article