Manage Multiple ChronoSync Documents
If you have multiple ChronoSync documents and need to run your syncs or backups manually, you may find it taxing to open each ChronoSync document and execute it manually. There are two easy methods to simplify managing multiple ChronoSync documents.
- You can add the ChronoSync documents to a Container document. A Container holds multiple ChronoSync documents and enables you to control several ChronoSync documents as if they were one document.
- You can make use of the Scheduled Documents Manager window to collect and organize commonly used ChronoSync documents without scheduling them.
Both methods allow you to schedule or manually run your syncs and backups.
Visit ChronoSync Tips
Other articles in the series Conquer Your Text
- EagleFiler Turns a Finder Folder Into a Snippet Keeper (24 Feb 10)
- MindManager Comes to the Mac (20 Nov 06)
- SlipBox: Scents and Sensibility (23 Oct 06)
- Let Yojimbo Guard Your Information Castle (30 Jan 06)
- DEVONthink Goes Pro (22 Aug 05)
- A Shiny New NoteBook (25 Apr 05)
- Curing Clutter with Curio (21 Feb 05)
- Bull Market for the TAO (11 Oct 04)
- DEVONthink Thinks, So You Don't Have To (08 Mar 04)
- Go Hog Wild with Hog Bay Notebook (25 Aug 03)
- Take Note of NoteTaker (21 Apr 03)
- The Digital Shoebox: iData Pro X 1.0.5 (07 Apr 03)
- Light Your Fire with Tinderbox (14 Oct 02)
- Three Simple Snippet Keepers (20 Aug 01)
- Boswell: A Text Motel (21 May 01)
- It's a Keeper (Idea Keeper, That Is) (08 May 00)
- Life Spiral: Helix Returns (21 Feb 00)
- WebArranger Handles More than the Web (05 Feb 96)
- Get IN CONTROL (30 Aug 93)
- MORE, MORE, Dinosaur (18 Oct 93)
Apple announced the iMac G5 this week, introducing a faster machine in a completely new, iPod-like enclosure. The company also unveiled its iTunes Affiliate Program and a volume discount program; Adam examines how these moves are shaking up the online music industry. He also reviews NoteBook from Circus Ponies Software. Also this week, we note the releases of AirPort Driver Update 2004-08-31 and TypeIt4Me 2.0.
Let TypeIt4Me Type It For You -- There used to be a New York City subway ad that read, "If u c rd ths, u c gt a gd jb as a sec." The ad suggested that you were intelligent for realizing that this stood for, "If you can read this, you can get a good job as a secretary." This was supposed to make you want to attend the school that sponsored the ad, where presumably you'd learn a whole set of quick abbreviations for use in your secretarial note-takingShow full article
AirPort Driver Update 2004-08-31 Released -- Apple released AirPort Driver Update 2004-08-31 last week, which improves reliability on networks with mixed 802.11b (AirPort) and 802.11g (AirPort Extreme) signals, according to the update's descriptionShow full article
DealBITS Drawing: FMChecker Winners -- Congratulations to Adrian Smith of centenary.usyd.edu.au, Sassan Tabrizi of mac.com, Michael J Rath of mm.com, Murray Sihvon of mac.com, and Russ Cusimano of doberescue.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who each received a copy of FMChecker.com's FMCheckerShow full article
At Apple Expo in Paris last week, Apple announced the iMac G5, the latest generation of the company's all-in-one consumer level computer. Gone is the hemispherical base and articulated arm of the previous iMacShow full article
Apple's announcement last week of the iTunes Affiliate Program, iTunes on Campus, and the iTunes Volume Discount program represents the next escalation in what is turning into a heated battle for control of the Internet music services (which is somewhat surprising, given that no one is yet making money on music sales, something that may never happen)Show full article
Normally, Matt Neuburg looks at all the text management and snippet keeping utilities for TidBITS, but back when AquaMinds' NoteTaker and Circus Ponies' NoteBook were coming out, he dove into NoteTaker (see "Take Note of NoteTaker" in TidBITS-677) and I opted to take a look at NoteBookShow full article
The second URL below each thread description points to the discussion on our Web Crossing server, which will be much faster. New iMac G5 impressions -- The new machines prompt talk about which components are included (and excluded), as well as hands-on reports from people at the Paris Apple ExpoShow full article