- LaunchBar 6.3
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2, Compressor 4.2, Motion 5.2
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update 1.0
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.9.1
- FileMaker Pro 13.0.9
- iTunes 12.1.2
- GraphicConverter 9.6.1
- 1Password 5.3
- Security Update 2015-004 (Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- Safari 8.0.5, 7.1.5, and 6.2.5
Add Hyperlinks to TextExpander Snippets
You can include a clickable link in a TextExpander snippet. Here's how:
- Create a new snippet.
- From the Content menu (just above the snippet body), choose Content: Formatted Text, Picture.
- Put a full URL in the snippet body, such as http://www.smilesoftware.com/
- Control-click the link text and choose Make Link from the pop-up menu.
After you've made the link, you can replace the visible URL with other text. Just put your cursor in the active link text and make changes as you would with any other text.
Other articles in the series All About iPhoto
- iPhoto 5.0.3 Fixes Bugs (18 Jul 05)
- iPhoto 5.0.2 Freeze on Launch in Tiger (16 May 05)
- iPhoto 4.0.3 Released (09 Aug 04)
- iPhoto 4.0.1 Fixes Bugs (29 Mar 04)
- iPhoto 4: The Potential Remains (23 Feb 04)
- Adam's iPhoto 2 Visual QuickStart Guide Available (19 May 03)
- iPhoto 2 Steps into the Frame (03 Feb 03)
- iPhoto Power Techniques (19 Aug 02)
- iPhoto Book Now Available (01 Jul 02)
- Do More with iPhoto 1.1.1 (13 May 02)
- iPhoto Joins the iFold (07 Jan 02)
Apple made much of the improvements in iPhoto 5, but how do those features and others fare under Adam's scrutiny? Also in this issue, Jeff Carlson takes a look at the new iMac and eMac models, and examines Tiger's iChat AV 3.0, with its multi-person audio and video chats. In the news, Security Update 2005-005 patches Mac OS X 10.3.9, iTunes 4.8 appears, DragThing turns 10, more Spotlight details appear, Adam makes the radio rounds, and we give away 5 copies of Stock WatchTower, a stock analysis program.
Security Update 2005-005 for Mac OS X 10.3.9 -- Apple has released Security Update 2005-005 to address several online security issues with Mac OS X 10.3.9 and Mac OS X Server 10.3.9Show full article
Apple Releases iTunes 4.8 -- Apple today released iTunes 4.8, a free download with minimal documentation. According to the ReadMe file, "iTunes 4.8 includes new Music Store features and support for transferring contacts and calendars from your computer to your iPod," noting that the latter feature requires Mac OS X 10.4 TigerShow full article
A Trio of Radio Interviews -- In conjunction with the 15th anniversary of TidBITS and the release of our Take Control ebooks about Tiger, I've been doing the radio show roundsShow full article
DragThing Celebrates 10-Year Anniversary -- Hard on the heels of TidBITS's celebration of its 15-year anniversary comes the 10th anniversary of James Thomson's launcher DragThingShow full article
Spotlight Qualifiers Posted on Apple Site -- Sure enough, I write an article that says Apple hasn't yet provided detail on a given subject, and they go and update their siteShow full article
From 1995 through 2001, Tonya and I participated in a stock investment club with a number of our Mac-using friends. It was a valuable learning experience, and the club did fairly well, though it was difficult to do badly in the stock market during some of those yearsShow full article
Shortly after releasing new Power Mac G5 models (see "Apple Speed Bumps Power Mac G5" in TidBITS-778), Apple announced updates to two of its consumer desktop lines, the iMac G5 and the eMac. iMac G5 Improved -- Apple bumped up the processor, graphics card, and built-in memory of the flat-panel iMac G5Show full article
Last year I "attended" a briefing with a few Apple representatives while sitting in my office chair in Seattle. They were in Cupertino, and thanks to the video chat capabilities of iChat AV, we had a face-to-face conversationShow full article
I'll admit it. I was rather disappointed with iPhoto 4, the previous version of Apple's consumer-level photo management program (see "iPhoto 4: The Potential Remains" in TidBITS-718)Show full article
The second URL below each thread description points to the discussion on our Web Crossing server, which will be faster. Tiger Shipping and Educational Discount Problems -- A few people didn't receive their pre-ordered copies of Tiger when promised, though some report being offered free software as compensationShow full article