Compare More Easily in Apple Mail
In Apple Mail, if you need to work back and forth between two different views of Mail's mailbox contents, you can do so quite easily. For example, you might want to look at a mailbox holding all filtered-in sales orders from the past week while also looking at a smart mailbox showing unanswered customer questions.
To avoid constantly clicking between mailbox views and losing your context each time, choose File > New Viewer window to get a second window and then arrange each window as desired.
Other articles in the series Find Yourself with GPS
- Comparing Two Early iPhone GPS Navigation Apps (25 Sep 09)
- Garmin nuvi 255W Focuses on Navigation (07 Aug 08)
- Back in the Saddle with the TomTom Go 720 GPS (27 May 08)
- 2006 Gift Ideas for the Macintosh-Minded (07 Dec 06)
- Magellan RoadMate 3000T/6000T Heads Downhill (04 Dec 06)
- Garmin StreetPilot 2720 Ups the Ante for Car Navigation (15 May 06)
- Magellan RoadMate 760 GPS Speaks Out (21 Nov 05)
- Running with a Garmin Forerunner GPS (25 Jul 05)
- Bringing Order to NYC Chaos: Garmin StreetPilot c330 (23 May 05)
- Instructions from Outer Space: GPS Car Navigation (16 May 05)
- Internet-Guided Offline Recreation (IGOR): Geocaching (09 Jun 03)
- GPSy 3.0 Maps New Features (06 Apr 98)
- Driving Through Trees: Using GPSy (14 Jul 97)
- Feeling Lost? An Overview of Global Positioning Systems (14 Jul 97)
Just when you thought it would never happen, Apple quietly breaks with tradition and ships... the multi-button Mighty Mouse. Also in this issue, Adam shares his experience navigating Boston's streets with the Magellan RoadMate 700, a GPS device that got him there and back again with a few surprises. Jeff Carlson finds a great deal on a 20-inch LCD monitor not made by Apple, and finally hops on the multiple-monitor bandwagon. And the Japanese iTunes Music Store opens to a rush of business and expanded offerings.
iTMS Opens in Japan, Rolls Some Stones -- Apple Computer got some satisfaction for its iTunes Music Store, announcing not only the debut of the Japanese version of iTMS but also the worldwide availability of early Abkco catalog recordings, which includes early rock 'n roll classics from The Animals, Sam Cooke, Herman's Hermits, Marianne Faithful, and the Rolling StonesShow full article
The conventional wisdom has been that Apple founder and CEO Steve Jobs would never allow the company to ship a multi-button mouse; such an animal would compromise the legendary simplicity and ease of use that were Apple's hallmarksShow full article
Back when I took a more partisan approach to operating systems, I considered Dell the latest in the line of sworn enemies of Apple. Sure, Microsoft makes the dominant operating system, but vast numbers of Windows installations end up on Dell PCsShow full article
When I last wrote about GPS navigation, Tonya and I had just returned from the mean streets of New York City safely, thanks to the Garmin StreetPilot c330 GPS's voice-navigation instructionsShow full article
The second URL below each thread description points to the discussion on our Web Crossing server, which will be faster. Flickering PowerBook screen -- A reader reports flaky flickering on his laptop screen, but is it worth the cost to repair the problem, or better to buy a Mac mini and an inexpensive LCD display? (2 messages) Tiger Mail vs Spotlight -- The new version of Mail under Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger stores each message as a separate file to enable Spotlight searching, instead of as a large databaseShow full article