Fill in Gaps in Pear Note
If you ever find yourself zoning out during a meeting or class, only later to realize that you forgot to take notes for 20 minutes, Pear Note makes it easy to fill in those gaps. To do so:
- Open your Pear Note document.
- Hit play.
- Click on the last text you did type to jump to that point in the recording.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
- Take notes on the part you missed.
Your new notes will be synced to the recording just as if you'd taken them live with the rest of your notes.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Other articles in the series Conquer Your Text
- EagleFiler Turns a Finder Folder Into a Snippet Keeper (24 Feb 10)
- MindManager Comes to the Mac (20 Nov 06)
- SlipBox: Scents and Sensibility (23 Oct 06)
- DEVONthink Goes Pro (22 Aug 05)
- A Shiny New NoteBook (25 Apr 05)
- Curing Clutter with Curio (21 Feb 05)
- Bull Market for the TAO (11 Oct 04)
- The Well-Worn NoteBook (06 Sep 04)
- DEVONthink Thinks, So You Don't Have To (08 Mar 04)
- Go Hog Wild with Hog Bay Notebook (25 Aug 03)
- Take Note of NoteTaker (21 Apr 03)
- The Digital Shoebox: iData Pro X 1.0.5 (07 Apr 03)
- Light Your Fire with Tinderbox (14 Oct 02)
- Three Simple Snippet Keepers (20 Aug 01)
- Boswell: A Text Motel (21 May 01)
- It's a Keeper (Idea Keeper, That Is) (08 May 00)
- Life Spiral: Helix Returns (21 Feb 00)
- WebArranger Handles More than the Web (05 Feb 96)
- Get IN CONTROL (30 Aug 93)
- MORE, MORE, Dinosaur (18 Oct 93)
If you've just purchased a new Intel-powered iMac, be aware that you may not be able to boot it from an external drive; Jonathan Rentzsch explains why. Also in this issue, Matt Neuburg reviews DropCopy and the new information manager Yojimbo from Bare Bones Software, we note a new repair program for 15-inch PowerBook G4s, and Geoff Duncan looks at Disney's acquisition of Pixar and what it might mean for the Mac community. Win a copy of SmileOnMyMac's browseback in DealBITS this week!
PowerBook Repair Extension Targets RAM Problems -- Apple recently announced the PowerBook G4 (15-inch 1.67/1.5GHz) Memory Slot Repair Extension Program (yes, that's the full title)Show full article
Google is great, but it won't help you find information on just those Web pages you've viewed. For that, you need a utility on your Mac, such as SmileOnMyMac's recently released browsebackShow full article
The Walt Disney Company announced last week that it will be acquiring animation house Pixar in a $7.4 billion all-stock transaction (a nice return on Steve Jobs's original $10 million investment when he purchased Pixar from filmmaker George Lucas in 1986)Show full article
When I received my new Intel-based iMac, I attempted to install Mac OS X on an external FireWire hard drive. Imagine my surprise when I hit a brick wall attempting this formerly simple taskShow full article
I've recently discovered DropCopy, from 10base-t Interactive. This little utility's "window" is a small translucent dark spot, rather like a hole, that sits behind all other applications (and behind your desktop Finder icons)Show full article
The latest entry in the ever-growing roster of information organizers comes from Bare Bones Software, maker of such programs as Mailsmith and BBEdit (and its freeware little brother, TextWrangler)Show full article
The first link for each thread description points to the traditional TidBITS Talk interface; the second link points to the same discussion on our Web Crossing server, which provides a different look and which may be faster. Turbo Tax problems -- Now that tax season has started in the United States, readers revive this thread comparing experiences with Intuit's tax-preparation softwareShow full article