Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Other articles in the series Tiger! Tiger! Burning Bright
- Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.4.6 Update (03 Apr 06)
- Mac OS X 10.4.5 Fixes Nits (20 Feb 06)
- Mac OS X 10.4.4 Released (16 Jan 06)
- Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.4.3 (31 Oct 05)
- Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.4.2 Update (18 Jul 05)
- Apple Releases 10.4.1 Hot on the Heels of Tiger (23 May 05)
- A New Dimension for iChat AV (09 May 05)
- Apple Releases iTunes 4.8 (09 May 05)
- Meet Automator (02 May 05)
- Introducing Dashboard (02 May 05)
- Spotlight on Spotlight (02 May 05)
- Evaluating the Tiger Installation Process (02 May 05)
There's a reason Apple no longer calls its portable computers "laptops": they're too hot for laps! Adam's "private i" alter ego investigates the problem of toasty MacBook Pros. Meanwhile, Adam also examines Microsoft's purchase of iView Multimedia and Jeff Carlson looks at video timecode calculators. We also roll into July with a bunch of updates: Apple releases Mac OS X 10.4.7, iTunes 6.0.5, iPod Software Update 2006-06-28, and QuickTime 7.1.2, while Ergonis Software's PopChar X 3.0 makes its debut.
Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.4.7 Update -- Apple last week released Mac OS X 10.4.7, a free update to Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, with a variety of improvements and bug fixesShow full article
PopChar X 3.0 Improves Usability -- Ergonis Software has released PopChar X 3.0, a notable upgrade to the company's long-standing utility for discovering and inserting the thousands of characters available in modern Unicode fontsShow full article
iTunes, iPod Firmware, and QuickTime Updated -- Delivering on a promise made in late May, Apple has updated iTunes and iPod software to work with the Nike+iPod Sport Kit, a gadget that links an iPod nano with Nike+ shoes to track a runner's performance (see "Grab your iPod and Run")Show full article
PDFpen 2.4 Adds Comment Support -- SmileOnMyMac has updated PDFpen (and its form-creating big brother PDFpen Pro) to version 2.4, adding support for PDF comments so users can add editable comments to PDF filesShow full article
Now here's an unexpected bit of news. Microsoft has bought iView Multimedia, makers of the iView MediaPro and iView Media digital asset management applicationsShow full article
A few years ago, I considered trying to find a programmer who could write an essential little video editing utility: a timecode calculator. Timecode is the way video is measured, and takes the format of hours:minutes:seconds.framesShow full article
[The film noir music rises as the scene fades in again on a 1950's-style office, the glow of twin LCDs illuminating the back of a man staring out the windowShow full article
Special 30 Percent Off Coupon for PopChar Purchasers -- For those font fans thinking about picking up copies of Sharon Zardetto Aker's "Take Control of Fonts in Mac OS X" and "Take Control of Font Problems in Mac OS X", you'll receive a coupon worth 30 percent off your next Take Control order when you purchase a new copy ($30) or upgrade renewal ($15) of Ergonis Software's just-released PopChar X 3.0Show full article
The first link for each thread description points to the traditional TidBITS Talk interface; the second link points to the same discussion on our Web Crossing server, which provides a different look and which may be faster. Files in databases -- What are the advantages and disadvantages of storing files within databases, especially in terms of a database-driven filesystem? (5 messages) Working with Amazon S3 -- The latest version of Interarchy supports Amazon's S3 network storage service, leading to a discussion of similar utilities and services and how well they performShow full article