Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Join us in watching Apple dangle the iPod+iTunes carrot in front of the music and movie industries.
iTunes 12 gets flattened (in a design sense) with a spare, but functional user interface design for Yosemite. Agen Schmitz dives in to find where the sidebar and MiniPlayer have gone.
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Éric Boissicat, Bradford Pollock, Pam, and Ralph
Kinnear for their generous support!