Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
Series: Connecting the iMac
Need to get your files to your new iMac? Maybe connect your old printer? Read this!
Article 1 of 2 in series
The iMac is out, and retailers are reporting record demand, including sell-outs and orders for more iMacs. Feedback has begun to trickle in, and seems positive (one TidBITS Talk participant, who shall remain nameless, claims to have tattooed a tiny iMac on his rump - we won't ask for proof)Show full article
Article 2 of 2 in series
Of iMacs and StyleWriters -- Last week's "iMac Connection Guide" (see TidBITS-444) will require updates, and the first comes from Farallon, who introduced the EtherMac iPrint Adapter SLShow full article