Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Brilliant animation toolkit for kids sees life as a Java-based application.
Article 1 of 1 in series
About three years ago, when the financial picture at Apple Computer was at its bleakest, a series of austerity measures resulted in the elimination of many cool employees and the long-term projects on which they were engagedShow full article