Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Series: Zire'n Song
Palm's $99 handheld has no frills - and for many folks that makes it the perfect PDA!
Article 1 of 1 in series
These days, personal digital assistants (PDAs) do just about everything. Recent handhelds from Palm, Compaq, Sony, Handspring, and others can not only organize users' lives, but also take pictures, check and send email, surf the Web, show off color photo albums, play music, or serve as a cell phoneShow full article