Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Series: G5's Alive!
Get the specs and the skinny on Apple's new 64-bit Power Mac G5 systems
Article 1 of 2 in series
Touting them as the "world's fastest personal computer," Apple today announced its Power Mac G5 line of desktop computers with 1.6 to 2 GHz processor speeds, high-performance internals, and a 64-bit processor architecture designed to give the Power Mac line a much-needed performance boost and provide a clear road map for future developmentShow full article
Article 2 of 2 in series
At Apple Expo in Paris last week, Apple announced the iMac G5, the latest generation of the company's all-in-one consumer level computer. Gone is the hemispherical base and articulated arm of the previous iMacShow full article