Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Series: MDJ Power 25
Adam Engst's rankings in the MDJ Power 25 - the most influential people on the Mac
Article 1 of 5 in series
We're Number Two! Congratulations to TidBITS publisher Adam Engst for his second place ranking in the MDJ Power 25, a survey ranking the 25 most influential people in the Macintosh community! Adam's ranking was second only to Apple iCEO Steve Jobs - who claimed the top seat by a wide margin - but also well ahead of other Apple executives, influential developers and technical folks, plus industry luminaries like Adobe's John Warnock and Microsoft's Bill GatesShow full article
Article 2 of 5 in series
TidBITS Publisher Ranks Third in MDJ Power 25 -- In the now-annual survey of industry insiders coordinated by Macintosh publication MDJ, TidBITS publisher Adam CShow full article
Article 3 of 5 in series
TidBITS Publisher Adam Engst #3 in MDJ Power 25 -- As much as we generally avoid blowing our own horn here at TidBITS, we should note that TidBITS publisher Adam CShow full article
Article 4 of 5 in series
TidBITS Publisher Adam Engst #4 in MDJ Power 25 -- The results of the annual MDJ Power 25 survey are out, and TidBITS publisher Adam Engst has maintained a spot in the top five for the fourth consecutive year - fourth place this time aroundShow full article
Article 5 of 5 in series
Adam Takes the Fifth! The findings of the annual MDJ Power 25 survey are out, and this year the industry insiders who participate in the polling placed TidBITS's publisher Adam Engst fifth in the list of people who wield the most influence and power in the Macintosh industryShow full article