Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
Series: MDJ Power 25
Adam Engst's rankings in the MDJ Power 25 - the most influential people on the Mac
Article 1 of 5 in series
We're Number Two! Congratulations to TidBITS publisher Adam Engst for his second place ranking in the MDJ Power 25, a survey ranking the 25 most influential people in the Macintosh community! Adam's ranking was second only to Apple iCEO Steve Jobs - who claimed the top seat by a wide margin - but also well ahead of other Apple executives, influential developers and technical folks, plus industry luminaries like Adobe's John Warnock and Microsoft's Bill GatesShow full article
Article 2 of 5 in series
TidBITS Publisher Ranks Third in MDJ Power 25 -- In the now-annual survey of industry insiders coordinated by Macintosh publication MDJ, TidBITS publisher Adam CShow full article
Article 3 of 5 in series
TidBITS Publisher Adam Engst #3 in MDJ Power 25 -- As much as we generally avoid blowing our own horn here at TidBITS, we should note that TidBITS publisher Adam CShow full article
Article 4 of 5 in series
TidBITS Publisher Adam Engst #4 in MDJ Power 25 -- The results of the annual MDJ Power 25 survey are out, and TidBITS publisher Adam Engst has maintained a spot in the top five for the fourth consecutive year - fourth place this time aroundShow full article
Article 5 of 5 in series
Adam Takes the Fifth! The findings of the annual MDJ Power 25 survey are out, and this year the industry insiders who participate in the polling placed TidBITS's publisher Adam Engst fifth in the list of people who wield the most influence and power in the Macintosh industryShow full article