Motorola Math Library for Power Macs -- Mark Granger has compiled a shared library for Power Macs running System 7.5 or later that accelerates Mac OS math functions. The library is built using the math library from the Motorola C/C++ Software Development Kit, and users claim it can provide as much as a 25 percent speed increase on floating point math operations, which could greatly benefit some applications. If you don't use your Power Mac to do heavy calculations, this library probably won't help you, but if you live for transcendental functions, it's worth a look. [GD]
Manage Multiple ChronoSync Documents
If you have multiple ChronoSync documents and need to run your syncs or backups manually, you may find it taxing to open each ChronoSync document and execute it manually. There are two easy methods to simplify managing multiple ChronoSync documents.
- You can add the ChronoSync documents to a Container document. A Container holds multiple ChronoSync documents and enables you to control several ChronoSync documents as if they were one document.
- You can make use of the Scheduled Documents Manager window to collect and organize commonly used ChronoSync documents without scheduling them.
Both methods allow you to schedule or manually run your syncs and backups.
Visit ChronoSync Tips
Published in TidBITS 322.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Happy Birthday, Apple!
- Greg Marriott Attacked
- TidBITS on TV
- Apple to Lose $700 Million
- QuickDNS Pro 1.1 Released
- GeoPort News
- AISS Upgrades
- Netscape 3.0 Preview
- Searching for the System 7.5 Update 2.0 CD
- Open Door Enables Multihomed Web Servers
- InterviewBITS with Darryl Peck, Part 2 of 2
Motorola Math Library for Power Macs
Scan contracts, invoices, or receipts as PDFs with your iOS device.
Use OCR to make that scanned image into a searchable PDF with text
you can copy! Get it on the App Store: <http://smle.us/tbscanplus>