Motorola Math Library for Power Macs -- Mark Granger has compiled a shared library for Power Macs running System 7.5 or later that accelerates Mac OS math functions. The library is built using the math library from the Motorola C/C++ Software Development Kit, and users claim it can provide as much as a 25 percent speed increase on floating point math operations, which could greatly benefit some applications. If you don't use your Power Mac to do heavy calculations, this library probably won't help you, but if you live for transcendental functions, it's worth a look. [GD]
Set Hotkeys in TextExpander
Don’t just save keystrokes, save mouse clicks when using TextExpander by setting up customizable keyboard shortcuts, or hotkeys, for functions like Enable/Disable TextExpander, Search Snippets, and more. To set your hotkey combinations:
- Open TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Press the Click to Set Hotkey button next to function you want.
- Press the keys of your preferred hotkey combination when prompted.
Published in TidBITS 322.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Happy Birthday, Apple!
- Greg Marriott Attacked
- TidBITS on TV
- Apple to Lose $700 Million
- QuickDNS Pro 1.1 Released
- GeoPort News
- AISS Upgrades
- Netscape 3.0 Preview
- Searching for the System 7.5 Update 2.0 CD
- Open Door Enables Multihomed Web Servers
- InterviewBITS with Darryl Peck, Part 2 of 2
Motorola Math Library for Power Macs
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Mark Allen, Larry, Charles Butcher, and Duncan
Holaday for their generous support!