Build brand awareness by advertising with TidBITS, the longest-running technology publication on the Internet!
We associate ourselves only with established companies who have positive reputations for solid products and good customer support, and with new companies providing products or services of interest to the Apple Internet community.
(If you want to place local print advertising, you’re probably looking for this other Tidbits.)
Sponsors receive the following:
- A graphical banner ad at the top of every TidBITS issue. If you submit multiple ads, our system will pick one randomly for each usage.
- The banner ad also appears in random rotation with other sponsors on our Web site and in our RSS feed.
- A short welcoming article in the first sponsored issue (for long-term sponsorships of 12 weeks or more).
Circulation and Rates
- Monthly page views: 125,000
- Weekly issue email subscribers: 25,000
- RSS subscribers: 20,000
For current rates, please contact us with information about your company and the product or service you want to promote.
Our format and size recommendations are as follows, in order of preference:
- SVG format in the proportions of 728×90 and 320×100
- JPEG or PNG format at 1456×180 and 640×200 (basically double size so they look good on Retina screens)
- JPEG or PNG format at 728×90 and 320×100 (should work fine, but won’t be as crisp on Retina screens)
- HTML5 ads are possible if you want interactivity, but they should be responsive so they scale down properly to iPhone screens. Contact us before creating an HTML5 ad so we can be sure we can support it.