TidBITS by Email
Thanks to our founding in 1990, before the Web emerged into the public sphere, email remains one of the most popular ways of reading TidBITS.
We offer a free weekly mailing of the full text of 3–6 of our top articles along with regular features, such as coverage of notable updates to key Mac apps from the TidBITS Watchlist and worthwhile reading elsewhere in ExtraBITS. TidBITS is also translated into Dutch and Japanese and distributed via email after a delay of 4–7 days.
In addition, we fund TidBITS in part through a paid membership program, and TidBITS members can receive new articles as soon as they are posted, among other perks. See the full list of TidBITS member benefits.
To subscribe, first log in or sign up for a free account.
TidBITS Talk is now a category in our Web-based Discourse discussion forum, and if you want to interact with it entirely via email, follow these steps:
- Once you’re logged into Discourse, click your avatar icon in the upper-right corner of the page, and then click the gear icon.
- In the sidebar on the left, click Emails.
- Select the checkbox under Mailing List Mode and click Save Changes.
- Visit the TidBITS Talk category.
- At the right of the page, next to the New Topic button, click the button to the right, and choose Watching.
You may wish to play with the other settings in the Emails preferences.