Apple has released a firmware update for 2007 aluminum Apple keyboards. The update improves battery performance when using the Apple Wireless Keyboard in conjunction with other Bluetooth devices such as the Magic Mouse or some Bluetooth headsets. It also fixes an issue that occurred with both the regular and wireless keyboard wherein keys could repeat randomly when typing. More information, including installation instructions, is available on Apple's Web site. The update is available via Software Update and the Apple Support Downloads page. (Free, 1.52 MB)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Aluminum Keyboard Firmware Update 1.1
Scan contracts, invoices, or receipts as PDFs with your iOS device.
Use OCR to make that scanned image into a searchable PDF with text
you can copy! Get it on the App Store: <http://smle.us/tbscanplus>
if it isn't the correct keyboard or wahtever, will I be alright?
I dread what happened a few years ago with an MacOS updater that killed my OS totally, wiping out my harddrive.
I'd definitely call Apple and see what they can do for you, or go to an Apple Store if that's easy.
I am OK. The updater finally stopped and explained "Update did not complete."
"Please reconnect the keyboard and try again."
I have the status bar going forever!
It says do not interrupt, but it isn't kicking into gear either.
Can I stop it and try again? What will happen? Will it kill my OS?