Microsoft's latest update for Office 2004 for Mac, Microsoft Office 2004 11.5.7, addresses a handful of significant security vulnerabilities surrounding specially crafted Office files that could enable an attacker to view, change, or delete data by executing remote code. The update addresses those issues by altering the way files are opened and parsed. It is rated Important for Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac and requires that you've previously installed the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.5.6 Update. The update is available from Microsoft's Web site and via the Office 2004 version of Microsoft AutoUpdate. (Free, 9.4 MB)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Microsoft Office 2004 11.5.7
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Michael Villebeck, Frank, Paul Owen, and David
Howell for their generous support!
Realistically, your exposure is pretty low, so I wouldn't stress about this too much, and would recommend just being a little more cautious about opening files from dubious sources.