Patrick Jean's video "Pixels" is a graphical tour de force of classic video game characters destroying Manhattan. Space Invaders bomb New York City cabs into pixelated rubble, Pac-Man eats the subway, Tetris blocks "complete" skyscrapers, the Breakout paddle knocks out supporting bricks in the Brooklyn Bridge, and Donkey Kong takes over the Empire State Building. I especially liked Frogger's cameo appearance, and true to form, he just hops across the street without hurting anything. See how many video game company logos you can find in the backgrounds!
Option-click to Hide Apps Quickly
This trick has been available in the Mac OS for years, but many people still don't know it. If you have too many windows cluttering up your screen, you can hide specific ones easily as you work. When you're in any application, hold down the Option key and click on another app's window, on the Dock, or in the Finder to switch to that other app and simultaneously hide all the windows in the previously current app.
Published in TidBITS 1023.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Steve Jobs Shares iPad Sales Numbers
- Some iPad Users Suffer Wi-Fi Woes
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of FotoMagico Pro 3
- Google Groups on the Fritz
- iPhone Developer Agreement Change Bans Flash-to-iPhone Compiler
- 22 Useful iPad Tips
- Apple Previews Major New Features in iPhone OS 4
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 12 April 2010
- ExtraBITS for 12 April 2010