Patrick Jean's video "Pixels" is a graphical tour de force of classic video game characters destroying Manhattan. Space Invaders bomb New York City cabs into pixelated rubble, Pac-Man eats the subway, Tetris blocks "complete" skyscrapers, the Breakout paddle knocks out supporting bricks in the Brooklyn Bridge, and Donkey Kong takes over the Empire State Building. I especially liked Frogger's cameo appearance, and true to form, he just hops across the street without hurting anything. See how many video game company logos you can find in the backgrounds!
Type Faster by Competing in Races
A fun way to improve your typing speed and accuracy is to join an online typing competition at typrX. This typing competition keeps track of your typing speed, while allowing you to compete against other people, either around the world in public races or with friends in private races. To set up a private race with your friends, follow these simple steps.
- Once you have a typrX account, click the Create Private Race button on the front page and you’ll be taken to the private race page.
- From there, copy the track code URL and send it to the friends you want to join the race.
- You can click the Delay Countdown button to add 10 seconds to the clock if you are waiting on your friend to join the race.
Published in TidBITS 1023.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Steve Jobs Shares iPad Sales Numbers
- Some iPad Users Suffer Wi-Fi Woes
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of FotoMagico Pro 3
- Google Groups on the Fritz
- iPhone Developer Agreement Change Bans Flash-to-iPhone Compiler
- 22 Useful iPad Tips
- Apple Previews Major New Features in iPhone OS 4
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 12 April 2010
- ExtraBITS for 12 April 2010