Patrick Jean's video "Pixels" is a graphical tour de force of classic video game characters destroying Manhattan. Space Invaders bomb New York City cabs into pixelated rubble, Pac-Man eats the subway, Tetris blocks "complete" skyscrapers, the Breakout paddle knocks out supporting bricks in the Brooklyn Bridge, and Donkey Kong takes over the Empire State Building. I especially liked Frogger's cameo appearance, and true to form, he just hops across the street without hurting anything. See how many video game company logos you can find in the backgrounds!
Keyboard-based Dock Navigation
If you're a fan of keyboard shortcuts and navigation, you may want try accessing the Dock from your keyboard. Press Control-F3 to enter the Dock's keyboard access mode. Then you can press a letter corresponding with an item's name to select it; press Return to open it, Command-Q to quit the selected application, or Escape to exit keyboard access mode. You can also use the arrow keys, Tab key, and other keyboard navigation keys to toggle between the Dock items.
Visit plucky tree
Published in TidBITS 1023.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Steve Jobs Shares iPad Sales Numbers
- Some iPad Users Suffer Wi-Fi Woes
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of FotoMagico Pro 3
- Google Groups on the Fritz
- iPhone Developer Agreement Change Bans Flash-to-iPhone Compiler
- 22 Useful iPad Tips
- Apple Previews Major New Features in iPhone OS 4
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 12 April 2010
- ExtraBITS for 12 April 2010