Patrick Jean's video "Pixels" is a graphical tour de force of classic video game characters destroying Manhattan. Space Invaders bomb New York City cabs into pixelated rubble, Pac-Man eats the subway, Tetris blocks "complete" skyscrapers, the Breakout paddle knocks out supporting bricks in the Brooklyn Bridge, and Donkey Kong takes over the Empire State Building. I especially liked Frogger's cameo appearance, and true to form, he just hops across the street without hurting anything. See how many video game company logos you can find in the backgrounds!
View Extra Sync Details in Snow Leopard
In Snow Leopard, Option-click the Sync icon in the menu bar to display a menu showing each available sync service and when it was last synced. Other new items in that menu include commands to Reset Sync Services entirely and to open the iSync and Sync Diagnostics utilities.
Published in TidBITS 1023.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Steve Jobs Shares iPad Sales Numbers
- Some iPad Users Suffer Wi-Fi Woes
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of FotoMagico Pro 3
- Google Groups on the Fritz
- iPhone Developer Agreement Change Bans Flash-to-iPhone Compiler
- 22 Useful iPad Tips
- Apple Previews Major New Features in iPhone OS 4
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 12 April 2010
- ExtraBITS for 12 April 2010
Classic Video Game Characters Take Manhattan
Automatic’s connected car adapter with iPhone apps on
Automatic’s platform, drivers are able to drive safer and smarter.
TidBITS readers get 20% off all orders at <http://automatic.com/tb>