Patrick Jean's video "Pixels" is a graphical tour de force of classic video game characters destroying Manhattan. Space Invaders bomb New York City cabs into pixelated rubble, Pac-Man eats the subway, Tetris blocks "complete" skyscrapers, the Breakout paddle knocks out supporting bricks in the Brooklyn Bridge, and Donkey Kong takes over the Empire State Building. I especially liked Frogger's cameo appearance, and true to form, he just hops across the street without hurting anything. See how many video game company logos you can find in the backgrounds!
Data Tables in Microsoft Excel 2008
Data Tables let you see how the results of a formula change as its underlying variables change. After entering data, select the entire table and choose Data > Table. Then tell Excel which row input cell and column input cells you want the table to use. Finally, click OK. Excel will crunch the numbers and present a new Data Table.
Visit Microsoft Mac Mojo blog
Published in TidBITS 1023.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Steve Jobs Shares iPad Sales Numbers
- Some iPad Users Suffer Wi-Fi Woes
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of FotoMagico Pro 3
- Google Groups on the Fritz
- iPhone Developer Agreement Change Bans Flash-to-iPhone Compiler
- 22 Useful iPad Tips
- Apple Previews Major New Features in iPhone OS 4
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 12 April 2010
- ExtraBITS for 12 April 2010
Classic Video Game Characters Take Manhattan
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and