Attempting to go paperless in your life or business, but having trouble finding the right scanner? Consider checking out Apparent Corporation's portable USB-powered document scanner Doxie, which we first saw in pre-release at Macworld Expo. The $129 device, which is now shipping, scans documents at up to 600 dpi and can send them to Google Docs, Flickr, Evernote, Scribd, and many other Web and local applications. Doxie is currently available in the United States, Canada, the E.U., Australia, and Japan, and it requires that you be running Mac OS X 10.5 or later. follow link
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
- ExtraBITS for 19 April 2010 (18 Apr 10)
Doxie Cloud-Focused Scanner Now Shipping