Apple has updated the combo updater for Mac OS X Server 10.6.3. Although Apple provided no details on what was changed, the only users who need to consider installing it are those who updated from Mac OS X Server 10.6.0 using the 1.0 version of the Mac OS X Server 10.6.3 Combo Update, build 10D573 (in other words, someone reinstalling Snow Leopard Server from scratch and then updating to 10.6.3 in one step). The combo updater is available via the Apple Support Downloads page, and will be presented by Software Update to those reinstalling Snow Leopard Server from scratch. (Free, 897.32 MB)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.