Between next Monday's Memorial Day holiday in the United States and numerous family commitments for TidBITS staffers, we're going to give ourselves a break next week. We'll continue publishing on the Web, of course, but the next email issue of TidBITS will appear on 7 June 2010.
Add Notes to Pre-existing Recordings in Pear Note
While most people think of Pear Note as a tool for recording notes live, it can be used to take notes on pre-existing recordings as well. If you have an audio or video recording that you'd like to take notes on in Pear Note, simply:
- Drag the audio/video file to Pear Note and import it into a new document.
- Hit play.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
Now you can take notes that will be synced to the recording, just as if you'd recorded them live.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 1029.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- MacBook Gains Performance Improvements, Longer Battery Life
- Adobe Releases HTML5 and CSS3 Support for Dreamweaver CS5
- Google Offers Secure Search Beta
- MaxRoam Offers micro-SIM for European 3G iPad Roaming
- Transcribe Recordings With MacSpeech Scribe
- PGP Whole Disk Encryption and PGP Desktop Professional 10.0
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 24 May 2010
- ExtraBITS for 24 May 2010