The 0.34.2 release of Iain Dodsworth's Adobe AIR-based Twitter client, TweetDeck, follows a more-substantial update that adds compatibility with a number of popular Web services. Changes introduced in TweetDeck 0.34 include support for Foursquare, Google Buzz, Google Maps, and TwitVid, which offers video uploading and direct webcam connectivity. The update also enables users to employ global filters to hide matching tweets, utilize custom Twitter APIs and URL shorteners, and schedule updates. Version 0.34.2 fixes a short list of minor bugs related to these new features. (Free, 2.3 MB)
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
with our easy-to-use small ScanSnap Scanner line. Eliminate
paper piles by scanning documents, business cards, and receipts.
Visit us at: <http://www.ez.com/sstb>