Agile Web Solutions has released a maintenance and compatibility update to the popular password management utility 1Password. Version 3.2.1 adds support for the just-released Safari 5, changes default search settings to always search all items, and improves the process by which Web site icons and page previews are downloaded. Also, several minor issues have been addressed including a problem with the Login password generator, sluggish keyboard scrolling through Login lists, and a bug related to date selection. Full release notes are available on the Agile Web Solutions Web site. ($39.95 new, free update, 15.1 MB)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software