Agile Web Solutions has released a maintenance and compatibility update to the popular password management utility 1Password. Version 3.2.1 adds support for the just-released Safari 5, changes default search settings to always search all items, and improves the process by which Web site icons and page previews are downloaded. Also, several minor issues have been addressed including a problem with the Login password generator, sluggish keyboard scrolling through Login lists, and a bug related to date selection. Full release notes are available on the Agile Web Solutions Web site. ($39.95 new, free update, 15.1 MB)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard