Congratulations to David Gue at telusplanet.net and Nick Robson at gmail.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who each received a copy of PDF Shrink 4.5, worth $35. But don't fret if you didn't win, since Apago is offering a 20-percent-off discount on PDF Shrink 4.5 to all TidBITS readers through 13 August 2010. To take advantage of the discount, order from Apago's store; the discount appears once you've added PDF Shrink to your cart. Thanks to the 732 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Avoid Simple Typos
If, like me, you find yourself typing 2911 in place of 2011 entirely too often, you can have Mac OS X (either Lion or Snow Leopard) fix such typos for you automatically. Just open the Language & Text pane of System Preferences, click the Text button at the top, and then add a text substitution by clicking the + button underneath the list. It won't work everywhere (for that you'll want a utility like Smile's TextExpander), but it should work in applications like Pages and TextEdit, and in Save dialog boxes.
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of PDF Shrink 4.5 (18 Jul 10)
Published in TidBITS 1037.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Take Control Sale: 50% Off to Celebrate Account Management
- Skype 2.0.1 Brings Background Calls to iOS
- iBooks 1.1.2 Adds Image Zooming, Fixes PDF Link Bug
- Apple Donates MacPaint and QuickDraw Source Code to Museum
- Beware Bluetooth Keyboards with iOS Devices
- Apple Reports $3.25 Billion Profit for Q3 2010
- Apps and Docs in iOS
- Take Control’s Problems with Apps and Docs in iOS
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 26 July 2010
- ExtraBITS for 26 July 2010