Surely to the chagrin of Nigerian princes everywhere, C-Command has released SpamSieve 2.8.5. The new update improves SpamSieve’s filtering accuracy, and also improves compatibility with new MacBook Pros, pre-release versions of Mac OS X Lion, and Freron Software’s new MailMate. Outlook and Entourage integrations now work more smoothly, and SpamSieve’s plug-in for Apple Mail now runs in 64-bit on Mac OS X 10.6 when possible. The software’s documentation and localization are improved, too. ($30 new, free update, 7.8 MB)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as "Tx" for "TextExpander". With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and