Photographers thinking about switching from iPhoto to Aperture take note: Apple has released Aperture 3.1.2. In addition to improving the software’s overall stability and performance, the update addresses numerous issues with importing photographs from iPhoto — including at least one that could cause Aperture to crash. Various other importing issues are addressed, too. Also fixed are bugs with reference images, switching between libraries, hangs while using brushes, crashes with Retouch, and compatibility problems with XMP Sidecar files. Mac App Store purchasers should, of course, update the software via the store. ($79.99 in the Mac App Store, free update; 578 MB from the Mac App Store, 297.63 MB for the standalone updater from Apple’s Web site)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard