Rogue Amoeba has released Audio Hijack Pro 2.9.12, a fairly significant update to the audio recording program. According to the release notes, the new version no longer requires relaunching Safari in 32-bit mode to capture audio as long as Instant On is installed, can capture audio from Google Chrome and Firefox with no additional setup, and can record to the WAV audio format. A number of minor bugs have also been fixed, and preliminary support for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion has been added; currently the app requires Mac OS X 10.6.0 or later. ($32 new, free update, 6.2 MB)
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
Audio Hijack Pro 2.9.12
Convert double-sided documents to PDF with the one-button ScanSnap.
Scan documents, business cards, and receipts, and eliminate
paper piles from your desk. Visit us at: <http://www.ez.com/sstb>