Stairways Software has released Bookle 1.0.3, the recently debuted EPUB reader for the Mac that was developed in collaboration between TidBITS’s own Adam Engst and Peter Lewis of Stairways Software (see “Introducing Bookle, an EPUB Reader for Mac OS X,” 6 February 2012). This update fixes an issue where EPUB files could have “-Temporary” added to their display name as well as a bug that could cause the table of contents to disappear after resizing the window when using Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. Additionally, this release improves the discovery of display names for older EPUB files. ($9.99 new from the Mac App Store, free update, 2.6 MB)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article:
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>