Karelia has updated its Sandvox Web site creation software to version 2.5.3 with numerous small improvements and fixes. On the publishing front, the update improves stability during publishing and error handling with SFTP upload failures, fixes an issue with Facebook Comments administration, and fixes an issue that created incorrect HTML paths when exporting a site for the first time. The release also provides several media-related fixes, including audio and video compatibility with Internet Explorer 9 and 10, and ensuring raw Flash files will preview correctly within Sandvox. Other changes include the capability to add custom banners to Quick Look previews, and the immediate appearance of an object’s border in the Web view when toggled. For a full rundown of the update’s fixes and improvements, be sure to check out the release notes. ($79.99 new from Karelia or the Mac App Store, free update, 28.2 MB)
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>