Microsoft has updated Office for Mac 2011 to version 14.2.0 (also labeled as Service Pack 2) with improvements for connecting to Microsoft’s SharePoint collaboration service as well as a variety of tweaks and fixes for Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word. For the entire Office for Mac 2011 suite, the update enables Mac OS X 10.7 Lion users to drag and drop files in the Document Connection app (for uploading files to SharePoint sites) and it provides access to documents stored at the root level of a SkyDrive folder. Additionally, Italian and German grammar checkers have been improved. In Outlook, the release fixes issues that could cause database corruption, improves IMAP email syncing with Gmail, and brings a new sync model for Exchange where email messages are downloaded in parts. (But make sure to back up your Outlook data first; some users are reporting problems with the update!) PowerPoint now supports Lion’s full-screen mode and adds the capability to paste special hyperlinks into the app. For Word, the update improves printing PDF faxes and fixes an issue where user information wasn’t saved into a Word template. For a complete list of changes, read the Microsoft support page. (Free update as a download or through Microsoft AutoUpdate, 110 MB)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.2.1 (26 Apr 12)
Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.2.0
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as "Tx" for "TextExpander". With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and
If you do, you'll end up having to reinstall MS Office.
See Kerio's article - http://kb.kerio.com/article.php?id=932