Useful Fruit Software has released Pear Note 3, a major update to the company’s multimedia note-taking application. While it drops support for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, the new release adds support for Auto Save and Versions in 10.7 Lion, as well as full-screen mode. Pear Note 3 also adds 720p HD video recording capabilities in Lion, assuming a compatible video camera. It now integrates with Ecamm’s Call Recorder for Skype app, enabling you to synchronize your note taking with a recorded Skype call’s timeline. Finally, the companion Pear Note for iPad app has also been updated to version 1.0.4, offering additional compatibility with Pear Note 3 and updating to Retina display-savvy graphics. ($39.99 new from Useful Fruit Software and the Mac App Store, 3.3 MB, release notes)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software