C-Command Software has released SpamSieve 2.9.1, which primarily addresses the recent release of Microsoft Outlook 2011 SP2 (for the most recent update, see “Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.2.1,” 26 April 2012). If you’ve previously used Outlook 2011, the spam-filtering software will update its scripts automatically. However, if you have a new installation of Outlook 2011, you can choose Install Outlook Scripts from the SpamSieve menu to start running your rules. Additionally, SpamSieve 2.9.1 addresses some problems with its Apple Mail plug-in, detecting any damage and attempting to auto-heal the installed copy of the plug-in as well alert you to download and install a fresh copy. The release also no longer triggers Mac OS X’s “accept incoming network connections” firewall dialog, plus adds some exception guards to work around bugs in the Growl SDK. ($30 new, free update, 9.1 MB, release notes)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.2.1 (26 Apr 12)