It has been some time since its last update, but Panic has now released Transmit 4.1.8 with a modicum of fixes and improvements for the file transfer software. The update fixes a kernel panic that occurred with Transmit Disk when using OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion as well as a possible crash when viewing a mount point folder after unmounting a drive. It also adds support for Growl 1.3, improves compatibility with AS/400 and Personal FTP Server Pro, and updates the item count when filtering in the list view file browser. Other fixes address an issue with double contextual menus and miscellaneous display issues. A quick 4.1.9 update fixes a possible issue with the Transmit Disk menu extra, addresses a keychain issue in 10.6 Snow Leopard, and improves Growl compatibility again. ($34 new, free update, 22.4 MB, release notes)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.