Telestream has released Screenflow 3.0.6, a bug-squashing jamboree of minor fixes that address a wide variety of glitches and annoyances in the screencasting software. While the vast number of fixes are individually too minor to list here, the release does reduce memory usage to help prevent the app from crashing, and it adds a signed developer ID for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion’s Gatekeeper security feature. For a complete rundown of the voluminous number of fixes and improvements, download the PDF release notes from Telestream’s support page. ($99 new from Telestream or the Mac App Store, free update, $29 upgrade from 2.x or 1.x, 14.1 MB)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software