Sprinkled with Cocoa, Roxio has released Toast Titanium 11.1 with hundreds of changes and fixes due to this code rejiggering. However, that might be the cause of some stability and installation issues noted by PC & Tech Authority and commenters at 9to5Mac — so proceed with caution. The new release adds support for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (including Gatekeeper code signing) and recording to 100 GB and 128 GB Blu-ray BDXL media. Web video capture now requires use of Safari, and YouTube users may need to opt out of the HTML 5 trial to capture video properly. Additionally, Mountain Lion users will need to update to 10.8.1 or later to publish video to YouTube. ($99.99 new, $79.99 with $20 mail-in rebate (PDF), free update, 88.5 MB)
Fill in Gaps in Pear Note
If you ever find yourself zoning out during a meeting or class, only later to realize that you forgot to take notes for 20 minutes, Pear Note makes it easy to fill in those gaps. To do so:
- Open your Pear Note document.
- Hit play.
- Click on the last text you did type to jump to that point in the recording.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
- Take notes on the part you missed.
Your new notes will be synced to the recording just as if you'd taken them live with the rest of your notes.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Toast Titanium 11.1
with our easy-to-use small ScanSnap Scanner line. Eliminate
paper piles by scanning documents, business cards, and receipts.
Visit us at: <http://www.ez.com/sstb>
1. Quit the Toast.app Setup Assistant
2. In Finder, click the pulldown GO menu and click GO TO FOLDER (or press SHIFT+COMMAND+G)
3. In the Go To Folder window, type (or paste) in: ~/Library/Preferences
4. Locate the "com.roxio.toast.plist" file and delete or move to the Trash
5. Close the window and launch Toast Titanium again
6. Proceed through the Setup Assistant as normal"