In conjunction with the announcement of the iPhone 5 and new iPod models, Apple has released iTunes 10.7 to add support for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models running iOS 6 (scheduled for release on 19 September 2012). Additionally, it adds support for the latest iPod nano and iPod shuffle models. With no new features, iTunes 10.7 is just a compatibility stopgap until the next major release of iTunes appears in October. (Free, 157.33 MB via direct download or 163.3 MB via Software Update)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.