In conjunction with the announcement of the iPhone 5 and new iPod models, Apple has released iTunes 10.7 to add support for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models running iOS 6 (scheduled for release on 19 September 2012). Additionally, it adds support for the latest iPod nano and iPod shuffle models. With no new features, iTunes 10.7 is just a compatibility stopgap until the next major release of iTunes appears in October. (Free, 157.33 MB via direct download or 163.3 MB via Software Update)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software